Friday, January 27, 2012

Working Out on The Juice

I have been doing my morning devotional of Pray Fit.  It is a great book for Christians who want to get healthier spiritually and physically.  It starts off very slow exercise-wise.  I will be teaching this class at DeMotte First Church of the Nazerine sometime in the upcoming months.

Also I am training for the IU Mini Marathon so I am doing a little more cardio and strenght training so that I will be able to run 13.1 miles on March 31, 2012. 

This is probably not the body builder's diet, but you should be exercizing.  If you're losing weight as fast as I am...You want to look like a fit person and not a skin bag that used to hold a heavy person.

An important thing to remember is to ALWAYS BE HYDRATED!  The juice is liquid, but it does not replace your 8-10 cups a day!  Post workout, you should be drinking either coconut water, or celery juice (neither of which replace your water intake either). 

Right now I am making sure to take a walk.  Normally with this little guy::
And slowly working on my running for my half marathon.  I also do yoga, pilates, and Just Dance as more fun and centering ways to get fit. 

There are also smaller things you can do to stay a little fitter::
  • Take the stairs
  • Park the car futher away from the store in the parking lot
  • Stand at work
  • Clean your home
  • Play with your kiddos and pets.
  • Don't allow yourself TV time without active time (ie, only while on the treadmill or doing small exercizes during commercial breaks)
  • Commit to more active dates with your partner.
Pretty much:: If you've been eating poorly, I'll allow you the first couple days to let your body detox and chill a little, but after that KEEP YOUR BUTT OFF THE COUCH!!  You are going to have a ton of energy and feel great, so use this as the opportunity to rearrange your lifestyle a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment