Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day Four: Getting SO Ready for "The Afters"

I know that in the losing weight game, looks shouldn't be the ultimate goal, but it sure helps.  I did not lose as much weight as I did the last few days... (Weigh in: 168.2, .4lb weightloss) but for the first time since I've started all the dieting (this whole time; before The Juice) I can actually see a difference.  My stomach is visibly shrinking, and the fat that I started to notice on my back is also going away.  Before The Juice, I did not see any changes in my body, and it made me think about John Pinette's Kool Aid reference everytime someone said that they could see it in my face.

Also, my skin isn't as red as usual which is why I decided to give you a preview of The Afters (just this once!) with this pic of me drinking my morning/midmorning juice.
(and yes, I do see the irony in wearing an IU shirt while driking out of a Purdue glass)

This juice was fruity and refreshing:
(For two servings)
2 cucumbers
2 grapefruits
2 green apples
1 pear

Today I was feeling better than a week ago, went to my sidejob of the day and finished in way less time than usual because my mind was more focused.  Even though I slept well the night before and woke up easily, I lost energy throughout the day yesterday, today I did not.

Today I decided to make my diet a little more green, in two ways.  The first is that my third/fourth juice contained all this:
The second is that, the Juicer leaves a lot of solids behind, so I'm going to start composting them to make our veggie garden better this summer and continue to eat a veggie rich diet.

I also put two grapefruits into this juice.  You may ask, "Stephanie, you put grapefruits in everything, is there a reason for that?"
There are many health benefits of grapefruit, yes, but I also think, like adding cucumber, this makes the juice way more refreshing.  Also, even after these few days I still have this many left::

The bags are on sale...

I only made two juices today because the first one I took with me to my side job and the second one I really just made too much.  This one was good, and actually a little salty without adding any salt. 

But it doesn't look that great::

1 bunch swiss chard
1 handful spinach
1/2 bunch watercress
2 handfuls kale
2 grapefruit

This color looks black but it's actually a deep red from the Swiss Chard.  The foam is, in fact, green though.

As always, excited for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I give you props Steph... I surely couldn't do but always have wanted to try! Keeping up with your progress!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete