Friday, January 27, 2012

Day Two: Fingers can be juiced.

But I don't recommend it::
Moral of the story:  UNPLUG YOUR JUICER BEFORE YOU UNCLOG IT!!

So, Weigh in:  170.4  So that's a 2.8 lb weightloss in a day!

How did I feel?  Not bad actually, the only time I got nauseaous was about 10 minutes before the above pic was taken and my hand was covered with blood.  I enjoyed every juice I drank yesterday and I was hanging out with the kiddos and felt very energetic, playing with them and talking to them and cooking them a healthy dinner. 

I've decided it's probably best to do my fruits in the morning and kind of fase them out as the day goes on, to avoid sleeping on a tummy full of sugar so breakfast was mmm mmm good:


Gingerroot, just a nub of it, you can see it pealed right under the red apple on the left there.  This is a great natural anti-inflamatory.  A trick to peeling it is to use a spoon.  It's a groovy root (in more than one way) so the spoon actually does more of scraping off the thin skin and avoiding taking big divets out of it. 
A Pear
A red apple
A golden delicious apple
A grapefruit.  Now with this you do want to remove the skin,  start by first slicing into fourths, then take your knife and gently cut it away from the peel.  It's a citrus fruit so it's VERY juicy so when you do this, do it over the juice catcher part of your juicer so you're not missing out on getting every bit of juice.


For my midmorning/lunch meals, I used a combination that I like to call Dirt Juice.  It tastes very good, but it's not very pretty.


Watercress
Spinach
Cucumber (peeled)
1 plum tomato
2 Green apple
1 sweet potato.  I did peel this after the picture was taken.  And BIG SURPRISE:  Sweet potatos actually have A TON of juice.

I drank half of this and then took the rest of this concoction to babysit.  to do this I used a Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher::
The reasons being: 
  1. It closes.  This is important when you're traveling with it.
  2. It has a plunger.  When the natural juice sits, it separates, you need to reblend it before drinking so that all the more solid parts are mixed in and not sitting at the bottom, unpleasant to drink, and therefore left behind.
  3. It's a very large size.  If I ever needed to take juice on a daytrip, it would fit enough for all of my meals.
You can purchase one for yourself at This PC Consultant Page.

By the time I got home and took some time to unwind and watch The Big Bang Theory, it was time to make an evening juice:
This was a VERY light juice, it would be excellent after a day of heavier activity because it was very refreshing.  Maybe even try it over ice.

1 Grapefruit
4 Carrots
1 Cucumber (peeled)
2 Stalks of Celery
2 Plum Tomatos

I went to bed pretty early and fell asleep really soundly.  I haven't been able to sleep that well in probably a year or longer.  And I woke up the next morning with a start, a clear head, and an attitude ready to tackle my lengthy To Do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment