Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day One: The Day I Wished I Wasn't So Spontaneous.

This was Meal One of Day one.  Then I was off to a fun filled 10.5 hour shift at The Job.  They say that the first few days are the worst, it effects your mood and your energy level because your body is detoxing from all of your awful awful eating habits.  So why I picked the longest shift at my job to start this? Who knows.  But my day went pretty well, other than being late. 
     I realized that there was a reason I was making grocery lists the night before.  There weren't really a whole lot of fruits and veggies available for this Juice Fest.  So the above is what I juiced in the morning.  A delicious combo, however an UGLY juice.  Brown.  But since I didn't make anything ahead or run to the grocery store before work, I had to fit in this into my lunch break.  Go to our dinky town grocery and get all the fruits and veggies that weren't (too) overpriced and get home cut and peel and let the dog out and feed the cat....UGH!  I would've made it back to work just in time if the juicer didn't get clogged up.  My rushed senses could not figure out what was up though it was such a simple fix.  I ended up juicing way more than i needed to because all of the clogged juice came rushing out the top.  So with my mixture of basically all of the above pictured (except the tomatoes) I ran to work and drank my (pretty) bright bright green juice at work.  I got home and looked around at what i bought and felt like I had taken in too much sugary fruits today.  So I wanted "dinner juice".  Great idea taste wise....awful idea breath-wise.  It took four times of brushing and one time of mouthwashing to try to extinguish the breath::  1 red bell pepper 1 yellow bell pepper 1 orange bell pepper 1 small onion 1 plum tomato, several cherry tomatos, and 3 large cloves of garlic.  Yummy but smelly.

And then I started to feel the energy drain.  I went to bed as soon as I could get all the juice down and the dishes washed. 

But then there was a knock on my bedroom door and my dad said he had gotten me some things:
So this is carrots, celery, green apples, tomatos yellow apples, bell peppers, cucumbers, beets, sweet potatoes, ginger, pears, and grapefruits....  Also, not pictured: kale, watercress, basil, red cabage, swiss chard, spinach.

Now we could get our juice on properly!  Thanks Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment