Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day Six: And then it hit me.

In the film Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, Joe Cross stayed in bed the first 3 or 4 days he juiced.  He said he felt tired and sick and was just basically feeling sorry for himself.  As you know from the Day One post, the day that I started, I could not stay in bed feeling sorry for myself.  I had a 10.5 hour shift at The Job.  Plus I was excited about starting this new journey. 

Today, though, I got up at 5 am like I have been doing since the 2nd day of the year and got up stairs and put my butt on the scale.  I had actually gained weight!  Which is actually fine, because like I had aluded to yesterday, the 6 lb weight loss in a day kind of freaked me out.  So I thought about it, yesterday I had drank enough calories so my body wouldn't think I was starving (anything under 1200 kcal/day, your body will generally fight to keep your fat on you because it thinks you ran out of food).  But water-wise....I think I only drank one full glass!! So my theory is, my body probably thinks I ran out of water and is now holding onto water weight.  We'll see tomorrow. 

But even after I worked out these theories in my head, seeing my scale with the little upwards pointing arrow made me upset.  I told myself "Okay, what normal person gets up at 5 am?"  and "Dad's sleeping so you can't get on the treadmill or make juice anyways." and "It's too early and dark to take Austin Danger Powers the Second for a walk." (Yes that is our pretty little border collie's registered name.)  And I went back to bed, feeling sorry for myself, just like Joe Cross did his first few days.

I woke up a little before nine by a text from my brother saying to check out his morning's post.  So I did and I saw this:




It put some GO back into me to be encouraged like that.  I chided myself for allowing myself to be so down in the dumps on something that really isn't a big deal, vowed to drink more water today and every other day and got myself out of bed.

I did a repeat of my Smile Juice for breakfast::


I had my left over Everything Juice for lunch::



I had a short shift at The Job, just scheduled to cover lunches.  I made sure to bring a bottle of water with me and made a mental note to not leave before it was all the way gone.  I ended up drinking the full thing plus another small plastic bottle I found hidden in my purse.
 
When I got home, I made A TON of Juice.  I almost juiced every vegetable on The Table until I realized I'd probably need to use some before the next time we hit the grocery.  All the cutting and peeling and juicing and cleaning of the juicer took a little minute and it made me very happy that I had decided to do it like that.  So I packed it again into my Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher and have enough juice to get me through the next couple days.  Although the exact amounts are excaping me, I know there are the following ingredients in this juice::

Red Cabbage
Carrots
Celery
Tomatoes
Bell Peppers
     Green
     Yellow
     Red
     Orange
Lemons
Sweet Potato
Cucumbers
Pear

Can't wait to see if my changes helped for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment