Monday, January 30, 2012

Day Five: "Oh my word are you kidding me?!?"

Is exactly what I said on the scale this morning

When I weighed in at 162.2.  A 6 lb weight loss since yesterday.

So when you're dieting, you're told not to step on the scale more than once a week.  I know because I've been putting my chubby self on diets since I was ten (despite my parents' disapproval).  But with this I told myself that, "It's so extreme that if it works you should have the little victories to keep you going."  And also, if anyone is considering this (I know there's at least a few people using me as their guinea pig) it'd probably be good for them to see daily victories too.

    Six pounds is pretty fantastic but I have to admit, I hope it slows down a bit.  That's 1/10 of the weight that I wanted to lose all together, including the time of going back to normal diet and amped up exercise after the juice fast is over.  Really, I just don't want to have to quit before 30 days is up, but I need to be safe with my body as well.

     Calorie-wise I take in about 1600 kcals which is 400 more than I was when I was strictly monitoring my caloric intake and output.  And I am being sure to be hydrated.  I am being monitored by a doctor (as you should when you're doing anything extreme with your body) and I think I'll go see him sometime this week just to be sure (I'm shooting for Tuesday).

Okay, Morning Juice::

I'm going to be a dork and call it Smile Juice::




2 Cucumbers
1 Pear
1 Green apple
1 Yellow delicious apple

This came out to just be the color of cucumber juice.  So light it was almost like water.  I threw this in a big giant cup and took it to church with me.  This was delicious! 

I knew that the rest of my day consisted of mostly me running around and I probably wouldn't be home before bed. So I made a pitcher of Everything Juice::



(4 Servings)
2 Sweet Potatoes
3 Stalks of Celery
4 Plum Tomatoes
6 Carrots
2 Apples
1 large Grapefruit
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
1 Orange Bell Pepper
1 Cucumber

...literally almost everything I had left on my table assortment of fruits and veggies. (except what I knew I wanted for breakfast in the morning and enough to make some veggie juice tomorrow).  This gave me enough for midmorning, lunch, and dinner and then an extra to take to work tomorrow so I wouldn't have to rush around preparing anything. (Note Day One's Blog).

Today was awesome.  I fit into a size smaller jean (first time I had dared to try) without even having to do the suck it in lay on the bed and then zip charade.  On January 1st I had to do that with the bigger size jeans so that was a major plus.  I went to church and really listened to the sermon, which was a story I'd heard a million times and even seen animated as a child, with brand new ears and appreciation.  We did communion which (I am not Catholic) is not something we do too often.  I noticed that the wafer felt weird to eat and chew already.



After that I had a side job (which is weird for me on a Sunday but didn't bother me at all) and I noticed that I was having more fun than usual at it. I felt like I had more energy and that I was thinking of more problem solving ideas than usual. 

Then I went to hang out with the best friend/boyfriend and watch Animation Domination.  I felt great and it showed.  I did get pretty sleepy pretty early so I left before American Dad came on and crashed pretty early into bed (I was out at 9ish)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the hard work! Glad you are monitoring & being cautious. You are inspiring me....
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete