Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day Three: Can I Juice a Pizza?

I love starting my day waith a cup of Yogi Green Tea.  And was thrilled to see that I could still do that on this diet.  However, I'm sorry coffee drinkers, Coffee is out if you're being strict with yourself. 






Weigh in: 168.6.  Almost a 2 lb weight loss from yesterday.

Morning Juice: Brain Juice
I know usually take pics of the fruits and veggies that go into the juice, but this morning I took one of the finished product.  As you can see, it doesn't exactly look like the sugar filled, over processed juices that you find in your grocery. 

1. Cup strawberrys (cored)
1 Pear
1 Green Apple
1 Golden Delicious apple
1 nub Gingerroot (refer to Day Two to see how to prepare)



To core the strawberries I used a Core and More.  This innovative tool takes only the core out, leaving more of the fruit than traditional slicing.

Find this helpful tool HERE.


Now it should be obvious why I called this morning's juice Brain Juice, but it has a double meaning too.  Today I found that I was thinking clearer.  I was able to process what I was learning a lot faster as I was studying both my devotional and my personal training test books.  I found myself to be more mindful and to speak more clearly to others (if you know me, you know sometimes I have a bit of a stutter especially when I'm a little off my game).  Also, WAY MORE ALERT and ENERGIZED.  Woke up with a start this morning, it was awesome!

For lunch I made a deep purple juice out of this:

1 handful of kale
1/4 bunch watercress
1 handful spinach
2 carrots
1 grapefruit
4 beets

This was very good, a little earthy and very dark purple.

This next combo is where the cravings started.  All this week I hadn't wanted a single piece of "bad" food.  Today, I wanted pizza.  It may have been the basil...

1 Grapefruit
1 Red bell pepper
1 Orange bell pepper
1 Yellow bell pepper
2 Plum tomatoes
1 bunch basil
 
This one was SO GOOD.  I drank half of this concoction for lunch and the other half i drank at night.
The actual juice looked like this::
 
All in all, it was a day of very good juices and I'm looking forward to what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment