Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day Seven: I Cheated.

I drank a can of Diet Pepsi.  Wha Wha Wha....



Okay, so Diet Pepsi is not really evil.  But, it made my belly hurt :(

Sooooo some updates::
I was told not to weigh myself every day anymore.  That weight can fluctuate so much in a week that it's can be self sabotage.  And like my Bonus Post said yesterday, I don't want to make this about the weight anymore.  I want this to be about how I'm feeling.

Me sleeping better, thinking better, having more energy, etc.  Those should be the daily victories.   Just to keep up interest for those of you who are reading strictly for the weight loss though, I'm going to weigh in every Friday.  Also I'm going to charge up my old Blackberry.  I think on my FatSecret app (the same one I use on my iPhone) there is a note about my measurements.  That could be a better indicator than the actual weight so I'm going to see if those make sense as a starting point and if not I'm going to take new measurements. Week 2 is going to be sweet :)

So my day: 

Coupled with my soda habit, some old habits started to resurface.   I watched a lot of TV.  I stayed inside even though it was GORGEOUS, and I only started preparing for my meeting at The Job when it was last minute to do so.  While in the midst of having days like that, I feel like I'm just giving myself time to relax.  But it upsets me at the end of the day when the daylight runs out.  So it doesn't make any sense why I would do that.  After my bonus post last night I decided that just can't happen anymore.

I think the worst part of it is, I had a ton of energy, I've just been on this self sabotage kick for two days now that needs to stop.  I felt good.  I felt focused. 

At my meeting last night a coworker actually said that she was impressed at how much I talked and the valid points that I brought up.  Before, I was always worried that I'd sound stupid if I brought things up because I couldn't organize my thoughts enough to say what I needed to clearly and when I did bring things up and I could tell they weren't being said right, I got nervous.  I also was able to kick a habit that I'd been noticing in myself lately.  For a while if I inputted anything into a conversation it was just my addition to it (playing to the selfishness I had mentioned in the earlier post).  Last night I was putting in my ideas while helping to find solutions to those things other people had said.  I felt more heard and more productive and that was a really good feeling.


This was the end of week 1.  I'm excited and hope the my new attitude will bring a better journey for me and less monotonous posts for you in the next three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment